Peeps Truffle Pie –
This pretty Peep-topped-pie features fluffy Peeps whipped cream frosting and smooth truffle filling in a graham cracker crust. It’s like a giant s’more; a giant rainbow s’more! The chocolate-graham-marshmallow combination is one of my favorite dessert flavors. Though this tastes like the gooey treat, Peeps Truffle Pie doesn’t require a campfire, or even an oven for that matter. It’s a no-bake dessert you can whip together on the stove top, leaving plenty of room in the oven for your Easter ham.
This is my second Peeps Week recipe. Next up, I’ll share Peeps Chocolate Caramel Coconut Pies, they taste like Samoa Girl Scout Cookies! I’ll end the week with Peeping Bunny Cupcakes. You can sign up for a free email subscription so you don’t miss any. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Once the Peeps melt, remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla. My husband would try to convince you otherwise, but Peeps don’t scream like lobsters. I didn’t hear a single chirp of protest. I think the hot bath relaxes them.
Pour the hot mixture into a graham cracker pie shell. You can make your own, or use store bought like I did here. Let the truffle filling cool for several hours until it is set.
While that cools, you can work on the whipped cream, which also includes melted marshmallows. Melt the Peeps and heavy cream together.
Let the Peeps mixture cool for at least one hour then gradually beat into whipped cream. If you want a more detailed tutorial on how to make the topping, visit my Peeps Whipped Cream Frosting post.
Now for the pretty part, perch Peeps around the pie. I love alliteration! Or maybe I should say, I’m a sucker for similar sounds. I just can’t help it.
You can use any colors or shapes you like. You can put them around the edge like I did here or deck out the entire top. Decorating with Peeps is a fun project for kids. With so many Peeps varieties, they can let their imaginations run wild.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 Peeps chicks
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 10 Peeps chicks
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine 4 Peeps chicks and 1 cup heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicks melt completely. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cool until set, at least two hours.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup heavy cream and 10 Peeps chicks. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicks melt completely. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, at least one hour. In large bowl, beat 2 cups heavy cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in melted Peeps mixture. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream onto set truffle filling. Top with Peeps.